4 April 2013

REVIEW: Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation

With the arrival of Spring and warmer weather (I know, I know. I'm being optimistic here, okay!) also comes the search for a more suitable foundation. By this I mean something with a little less coverage, slightly lighter on the skin and a tad more radiating. Succumbing to all the hype around Revlon's most recent foundation release I went out and bought myself a little bottle of Nearly Naked in 150 Nude.



Being a massive fan of the Revlon Colorstay edition I had high hopes for this foundation. I tested it out on my hand a few weeks before actually purchasing it and I kind of knew it would end up joining my collection sooner or later. Despite not really being able to compare the two against each other as they have been formulated to achieve different finishes, I have to say that both are equally high in quality. 

Nearly Naked is a silky smooth liquid foundation with a light consistency. When applied on my face using just fingers it blended seamlessly onto my skin. It's definitely not a matte finish but regardless of what I've read from other reviews personally I wouldn't say it was completely dewy either. Just somewhere in between. It allows light to reflect off in the right places which helps it to look natural yet radiating. Overall it somehow just makes your skin look really good without looking like you're wearing too much. In that sense the name is well suited to the product. Well done, Revlon. As for longevity it's alright, nothing amazing. It looks nice on the skin once you've applied it but I felt like an hour later it looked even better. Around the 6 hour mark I was need of a touch up through the t-zone as I hadn't powdered after application so it probably would have lasted longer if I had.

1. Nearly Naked bottle | 2. Blob on the back of my hand | 3. Foundation blended in
I like the glass bottle packaging but yes, Revlon have gone and let many people down again with the absence of a pump which, if I'm being honest, doesn't bother me too much as I've gotten used to it but I can see the inconvenience this would cause if you needed to do your makeup on the go. Other than that all is well from the outside. 

Here are the before and after shots so you can get an idea of the coverage. Now as you can see my skin is far from perfect and I look really scary without makeup so I'm sorry to spring this on you! (someone at work even asked me if I was ill when I came in bare faced one day, not doing that again!) About a week ago I suffered a huge breakout around my chin and cheeks where I literally never get spots and I wasn't going to post this but then I thought F it. Sometimes you gotta stop being so vain. It also gives you a better idea of the foundation's performance this way. 





It evened out the redness, scarring and hyperpigmentation leaving my skin with a smoother looking complexion. However it by no means completely masked my skin, allowing my rosy cheeks and freckles to still show through. As it is very sheer you can build it up with a second layer to achieve medium coverage and use a concealer for specific areas. 



Something I probably should have mentioned earlier is that I have normal/combination skin and up until now I've always steered well clear of foundations that don't produce a matte finish as I was worried they would make me look shiny but this is just so natural looking, I really love it. Great for those ironic 'no makeup' makeup looks. And it has SPF 20... yay! 

At £8.99 I think it's fairly priced for something so promising. Available to purchase in Boots, there are 10 different shades in total, however not all shades may be available in store so you can also buy them online here

I'm super impressed with Revlon as a brand in general. Their standards are high and even though they aren't the cheapest makeup brand on the high street I feel like most the products are worth the cost and they keep coming out with great releases. 

Have you tried out Nearly Naked? What are your thoughts?

A x

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...