12 March 2013

Go Green

I've heard a lot about 'green juices' and their benefits so in a bid to begin clearing up my not-so-healthy appetite I decided to have a go at making my own.
Now don't be fooled into thinking that just because it's super healthy it doesn't taste good too. These make for a deliciously nutritious alternative to your usual breakfast, and what's more is that they are quick and easy enough to whip up before school or work in the morning. Perfect.

INGREDIENTS 
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of frozen pineapple
- 1 cup of frozen mango
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/4 of lemon
- 1 cup of water 


METHOD
The evening before you want to make your green juice, chop up your banana, pineapple and mango into small/medium sized cubes, pop them in a tupperware and store in the freezer overnight. 
The next day roughly chop up your spinach and chuck in to your blender along with your frozen fruit. 
Squeeze in the lemon and pour in the water. 
Blend until smooth and runny. 

Et voila!




For me this is the perfect combination for a green juice - it's tropically fresh and the pineapple gives it that succulent edge which is great for those who have a sweet tooth like me!

Nutritional Info
Spinach - low in calories, high in vitamins and minerals; good source of protein, dietary fiber and omega-3 fatty acids
Pineapple - rich in fiber, vitamin C, antioxidants and is great for hydrating skin 
Mango - helps lower cholesterol; has high levels of fiber, pectin and vitamin C
Banana - packed with fiber and potassium which lowers blood pressure, good source of vitamins B and C
Lemon - high in vitamin C and aids in digestion 

If you want to make your own green smoothie remember that you don't have to use these fruits and vegetables. Just use what you find tastiest! Kale is a popular choice, along with blueberries, celery, cucumber and melon.

A x

13 comments:

  1. I love green smoothies! I like them on the weekend with spinach, a banana, and frozen berries!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely try this one;)
    love making them, so beneficial and healthy for you;)X

    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dear I really like your blog! What about following each other? Also on bloglovin, facebook if you want...just let me know :3 <3


    NEW POST UP!


    www.OntoMyWardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love green smoothies, they're so yummy!

    Fashion Dawgs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love vegetables and this smoothie look yummy!!
    Do u want to follow each others? Let me know kiss kiss

    www.theitaliansmoothie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving that you gave juicing a chance! It truly is wonderful isn't it? We juice about once a week or so and are addicted. Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm genuinely going to try this- I'm so unhappy about my weight and lifestyle. Time I actually did something about it.

    Ruth x

    www.kimkimipie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah give them a go! They fill you up quite well so you won't feel like snacking either which is good for me! Good luck, i hope you feel better about yourself soon :) x

      Delete
  8. Hy dear! I loved your blog! Xoxo


    http://duploponto.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems pretty delicious


    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. I drink a smoothie called "green machine" by a company called naked almost every day at work, it's the one that Starbucks sell. And I LOVE IT.

    I definitely need to try yours :)

    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...