18 March 2013

REVIEW: BaByliss Waving Wand

I am extremely particular when it comes to my hair - I know how I like it and I know how I don't like it... which is poker straight. Unfortunately for me, that is the natural state of my hair, however I've discovered a little tool which has been a godsend in adding a bit of life into my poker locks.

The styling product I've been reaching for to achieve my desired look is my BaByliss Waving Wand. 



Slim and easy to use, this iron is ideal for creating beachy waves.
The box includes the waving wand, an information booklet and a heat protective glove.



The wand itself is a 25 mm nano-gold ceramic coated barrel - I find that this is a good length as I have quite long hair and am able to get it all wrapped around. There is a heat protective cap at the end of the wand to prevent burning your fingers when styling the tips of your hair. Unlike the traditional curling iron, this wand has an oval shaped barrel which helps to create a soft, natural wave. In the middle of the iron there is a small stand which elevates the actual tong so you can put the wand down when you need to without the risk of damaging any surfaces.


There are five different heat settings, starting at 155˚C and reaching 200˚C. You can adjust the heat settings depending on the style you are going for - if you want looser waves then lower the temperature or if you want them to be more defined opt for the highest heat setting. If you are in a hurry, or you want to create bigger waves you can take thicker sections of your hair and go for 200˚C - the larger the section, the larger the wave. 

As my hair is quite thick, I divide it up into the 3 horizontal sections; starting with my bottom layer I work my way up. Holding the wand with one hand to the opposite side of your face, you want the tip to be facing downward. With your other hand you want to place the strand of hair in front of the wand and wrap it backward around the iron, away from your face, in a downward spiral motion. 

It usually takes me around 10-15 minutes to complete my whole head which I think is pretty good and the wand is very lightweight at 246g so even my weak arms don't feel the strain! Once I've finished styling, the waves hold for the most part of the day which is great. They do have a little drop, naturally, but I prefer the more relaxed look anyway. 

Lastly, the extra styling products I use include the TRESemm√© heat Defense Spray (you can use whatever one you prefer but don't be tempted to skip out this part!); Moroccan Oil for getting that healthy, glossy finish; and if I'm going out and really want my hair to stay put then I give it a spritz of my VO5 Strong Hold hairspray. 

So here are the before and after pictures... 
(please ignore my horrible split ends - I'm getting them cut soon!)


As you can see in the photo above, the waves are quite springy. One of the best things about this product is you can achieve a couple of different looks, so if you want something more subtle then run your fingers through the hair with a bit of serum and pull the waves down gently. 

Here is a more 'just came back from a day at the beach' kinda look. (Though I'd be lucky if my hair did actually look like this after being in the sea!)



By taking sections of your hair at random instead of dividing it up and curling every strand, you can achieve more naturally tousled looking tresses. Basically just play around with it and find the look that works best for you!


Overall I would really recommend this product as it's so easy to use and priced at just under £30 I think it's worth every penny. I bought mine from Boots about 6 months ago but I can't find it on the website anymore so if you are interested click here to purchase it on Amazon instead.

I hope this was helpful to anybody thinking about buying the Waving Wand, and I'd love to hear what your favourite styling tool is if you have one! 

A x 

15 comments:

  1. your hair looks really lovely;)X

    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks nice! i have naturally wavy hair though, i always want mine to be straight! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) you're lucky, wish mine was naturally wavy! x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the detailed review! Your hair is gorgeous btw. I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog and (if you like) following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? We also have a giveaway going on right now! xx

    Blog: sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    Enter our current Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be sure to check out your blog :) x

      Delete
  4. Wow your hair looks great, love the ombre!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute!

    www.glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh your hair looks lush! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. CHECK OUT MY BLOG & FOLLOW IF YOU LIKE :) I FOLLOW BACK :)

    X0X0X0 http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair is so beautiful!

    lovas.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...